Love to Travel? Become a Guest Blogger for OpenWorld Magazine!
We Are Looking For:
If you have an inspiring story to share, we would love to hear from you! If you a unique experience to impart that is helpful to others and deserves to reach a larger audience, we would like you to write for us!
The mission of OpenWorld Magazine is to inspire people to design their lifestyle and empower them with “the tools” to create their ideal life. We focus on featuring ordinary people that are doing extraordinary things in the realm of entrepreneurship, personal productivity, development, location independent work and living, and world impact.
OpenWorld Magazine is not your average lifestyle and travel magazine. It’s not about destinations, luxury hotels, or where to spend a gap year. It’s not some senseless tabloid like Vogue or Maxim.
It’s about lifestyle discovery. OpenWorld Magazine is leading a movement to show exactly what it takes to live life on your own terms. If you love travel and adventure, we want you to write for us!
Become a guest author and write a guest column about travel, remote work, entrepreneurship, or digital nomadism for one of the hottest up and coming digital magazines in the world.
In each issue, we feature :
- Full-length features on game-changing digital nomads and lifestyle designers, hear their stories and how they got where they are
- Break the process down into steps with takeaways and action plans that you can use
- Inspirational stories from real people
- Money and wealth – blueprints for creating new side hustle and streams of recurring income, with a focus on what’s working now
- Templates, systems, and procedures to get the result you want.
- Resources for location-independent jobs, technology, new apps and hacks
- Life, travel, and business hacks – tips to improve all aspects of your business and life
Our goal is to show people who are ordinary, human, vulnerable – just like you and I. If you experienced fear or emotion in your own journey, tell us about that. Don’t be afraid to open up – the more honest you are, the better. And above all, have fun! 🙂
The audience of the OpenWorld Podcast is international. We have a very tight-following of nomads, location-independent entrepreneurs, travelers, and so on. Many of these individuals are young professionals who are keen to entrepreneurship, travel, and personal improvement; who aspire to own their own business, or already own their own business.
Some suggestions for great guest articles:
- Your background and upbringing, and how it shaped who you are
- Why you decided to embark on your current path
- The process you’ve followed to get where you are now
- Challenges you have faced and how have you overcome those challenges
- Important lessons you have learned from your experiences
- Advice on your areas of expertise
- Helpful resources you can recommend
- Your definition of success
- Advice that you would give to your younger self
Frequently Asked Questions:
• Will the guest poster be paid?
Currently, we do not offer commissions for guest posts. Writers write for us in order to gain more traffic and exposure for their work (and blog).
• Can I post an article on my own site after it is published on OpenWorld magazine?
Unfortunately, we do not allow this due to the duplicate content penalty. However, you can link to any page on your site that you wish and we do encourage you to share your article as much as you like!
• How often can I write for OpenWorld Magazine?
We are looking for weekly, biweekly, or monthly guest posts. If you would like to contribute a regular article on a monthly or bi-weekly basis, please let us know.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Ownership of Produced Media
By participating in the OpenWorld Magazine, you agree to allow me, Danny Flood, (dba www.OpenWorldMag.com) to record, distribute, and disseminate the produced media in any manner we feel appropriate. You also agree to allow us to use media obtained to promote guest blog and podcast appearances on our site and retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, and all other public distribution.
2. Promotion & Exposure
As a contributing travel writer on OpenWorld Magazine you will receive an exclusive page on this website with your name, interview title, photograph, bio, and appropriate links to your website or blog. This page will remain on this website indefinitely, and will likely become a source of continued traffic to your website. Your interview will be promoted to thousands of social media followers as well as to our list of responsive email subscribers. This exposure may or may not result in new clients or customers to your business.
We are not looking for commercial content, we will only publish original content, and any links that are included need to provide value to readers. We also want articles that go into depth and do not want readers to be left thinking “What about X..?”
Sharing your article:
Once your travel guest article is published in the magazine or on the website, you will be sent a link to your interview page along with a custom image that you may use in your promotions. You are encouraged to share this link on your website, with your mailing list, via social media and any other means to help increase your exposure.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in being a guest travel writer on the OpenWorld Magazine, and hope that together we can inspire others to achieve greater levels of success!
Please contact us at the email address below or fill out the form on this page. Please include a biography about your travel or digital nomad experience, along with other outlets you’ve previously written for. Thank you!