Ryan did an excellent job of preparing for the interview, picking apart my first (and heftiest) book, “Buy Your Own Island,” which led us in to a deep and rich conversation about the location-independent lifestyle.
This interview is well worth your time! Some of the things we discuss:
- How I’ve systemized book production and launches (learnt by launching four books the wrong way)
- The moment I broke the chain of location-independence and overwork – and made my lifestyle dreams possible
- Alibi-itis, leaning beyond your edge, and building the right reference experiences
- How to write to your avatar – and why it’s important
- Defining goals and busting through obstacles
- The importance of changing your environment – and who you surround yourself with – for massive personal change
- How I created my first mastermind, and how it led me to new heights
- A simple exercise to re-wire your mind from “can’t” to “can”
- Stoicism and perceptive filtering
- Using the skills, knowledge, and experiences you have to build a brand and freelance business
- How to hack Upwork by creating massive perceived value, and juicing up your profile with reviews and brand studies
- How to handle client objections to close more deals and other important sales tactics
- Plus more goodies!
Enjoy this episode with Ryan! P.S. we are switching to a bi-weekly publishing schedule over the next few months with new episodes every Sunday and Wednesday (ish – providing I have strong Wi-Fi). Thanks always for your support! Please subscribe and leave us a review if you like this podcast.