Welcome to another exciting episode of the OpenWorld podcast! I have a very special treat for you guys today… all of you entrepreneurs and anyone interested in peak performance will love this interview.
I’m joined by Colin Robertson, researcher of performance psychology, and the owner of Willpowered.Co. Colin has spent the last 5 years researching the science behind how normal people have harnessed their willpower to achieve extraordinary success.
He claims that willpower is a science that he has the answers about what it takes to will yourself through the hard times and come out the other side victorious. He shares these simple, proven ways on his blog… and he’s going to dish a ton of great stuff on this interview.
He also used his willpower to successfully crowdfund his book – “The Will of Heroes” on Kickstarter, picking himself up when his campaign was teetering on the brink and crushing his goal.
Colin makes a compelling case that willpower is the secret ingredient to getting everything you want from life.
But what is willpower exactly? Is it a physiological, mental, emotional? Is willpower influenced by the music we listen to, or the people we associate with? I brought Colin on the show to help me pin this down.
We discuss weighty topics such as:
- The power of perspective, and how to use it to light a psychological fire under you
- Case studies and examples of successful people – like JK Rowling – and how they willed themselves to their destiny despite everything
- How to break negative habits – and resist temptations more effectively
- Visualization and manifestation strategies
- The right foods to eat – to increase willpower
- How to stop negative feedback loops, and insert the thoughts / narrative that you want
- How Colin built a mailing lis of 37,000 subscribers – and wrote viral blog posts
- A simple technique that instantly increases the credibility of your blog – and gets authoritative sites like the Huffington Post to link to you (I can’t believe I haven’t been doing this)
- And much more!
Enjoy this excellent discussion with the one and only Colin Robertson!