In this epic episode I’m joined by the one and only Fabian Dittrich, co-founder of Startup Diaries and HelpandDo.IT.
Fabian, along with a couple of buddies, has spent more than a year traveling overland across the Americas, running their business remotely from a Land Rover, wherever it is parked. Pretty wild!
He’s also lived in Germany, Chile, Spain, and England and worked in IT startups such as Zendesk, driven across sub-saharan Africa singing and raising funds for underprivileged children.
He’s spoken at venues such as TEDx and DNX about the art of “Designing Your Own Life” and has some great stories to share about salmon, Jamaica, waterfalls, malaria, and how all of these things connected the dots – for him – to help him create his own way in life.
We both have a passion for vagabonding, remote work, and discovering your own itinerary in both travel and life, rather than having someone else prepare it for you.
That’s where our conversation kicks off and then it takes off with full force. Fabian introduced me to all kinds of new perspectives terminology that I had never heard of, and this episode is full of memorable quotes throughout.
- How conscious “switches” direct the subconscious mind to make it more receptive to certain details
- Psycho-cybernetics and channeling the mind
- The psychology of fearlessness and seizing opportunities
- A fascinating study that show how our beliefs affect our luck
- The learning to mastery curve of a lifestyle business
- How exposure to novelty expands your conscious awareness
- The “insanity” of running a business from the road – what they did, and what they learned
- How we create the state of “flow” through minimalism and reducing distractions
- And a ton more!
Enjoy this excellent and insightful discussion with Fabian! And please – if you’d like us to continue producing free podcasts without advertising – leave us a review on iTunes.